Herbal remedies are known since ancient times in all over the world.
Many countries including Greece and Mediterranean in general have
a tradition in herbal plantations and cultivations. Of course there arein big quantities in mountains and specifically Crete has big production of several mountain herbs. Its in our philosophy to select active ingredients from the places that they originate. That is why we select local producers for our herbal extracts.
We use many herbal extracts as active ingredients to our products. Some of them are:
- Chamomile extract. Enriched with essential oils it has calming, anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Calendula extract. Anti-inflammatory, soothing and anti-bacterial are its main and most significant properties
- Lavender. It is a relaxing, antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory natural ingredient.
- Mint. It has healing and antifungal properties. It has also Neuroprotective and neurochemical properties.
- Dittany. Dittany has antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties due to the phenol carvacrol. It has been used as an antirheumatic, oxytocic, stomachic and vulnerary.
Herbs have the ability to synthesize a wide variety of chemical compounds that are used to perform important biological functions, and to defend against attack from predators such as insects, fungi and herbivorous mammals. Many of these phytochemicals have beneficial effects on long-term health when consumed by humans, and can be used to effectively treat human diseases.
Man has had a long and loving relationship with herbs. Herbs have been used since prehistoric times.