Trees & plant properties
Madis S.A. uses the following tree and plant extracts which come from their roots, their leaves or their inner or outer barks.
- Eucalyptus. Oil of Eucalyptus has stimulant, antiseptic, aromatic and moisturising properties.
- Ginger. It has antiphlogistic and bacteriostatic properties. Ginger extracts are said to increase the circulation due to the spicy ingredients and regulate moisturisation due to its content of polysaccharides and amino acids.
- Cinnamon. It has tonifying, energising, anti-irritant and antibacterial properties.
- Rose. It contains tannins and essential oils and has astringent, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- Magnolia. Contains flavonoids, alkaloids and lignants. Magnolia extracts care the skin and prevent “UV-induced stress”. It has anti-irritant and anti-bacterial properties.
- Witch Hazel. It contains tannins, flavonoids and minerals and has astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Citronella. It has active essential oils and is a natural insect repellent.
- Green Tea. Contains high levels of tannins and flavonoids and has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and radical scavenging (or antioxidant and antiageing) properties.
- Jasmine. It is naturally extracted with anti-depressant, relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties.